I tried to use the word “humpty” recently, and discovered that nobody knew what on earh I was talking about. Once I looked into it, I discovered that only kiwis I knew were aware of what a humpty is. It’s also clear from a quick Google search, that the only places selling them, are in New Zealand.

A humpty is a type of furniture which seems to be called an Ottoman in most places.

According to this blog post from 2007, it’s also a term used in Newfoundland in Canada.

I added a definition to for the term “humpty” today …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *